Community is such a special blessing! The Lord used our pastor this week to send a message regarding the importance of community in times of struggle. As I listened to our pastors sermon on Community I thanked God that He has shown me the importance and blessing of community.
http://www.calvarycc.org/con_CalvaryTVPodcasts.cfm?s=detail&c=1001689#
http://pastor-shawn.blogspot.com/2008/12/sunday-december-14th-new-and-improved.html
As I reflected this week I was reminded that the Lord paved the way so that just as all of my struggles and processing of pain increased in 2001 the Lord embraced me and surrounded me with an awesome community of friends and a loving pastor who emphasized community. The love of Jesus and the Lord's love through others has been amazing! The song... friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them... goes through my head.
Just today I got the book Diamond I wear Within written by Lynn Gibson and one note she has at the back of the book is thank you to John for all the emphasis he puts on community. It was yet another reminder this week of such a blessing. The one thing that John said he worried about when I was leaving the Silicon Valley was having community.
For the 1st year I still called and talked with those in the Bay area, but it is not the same as having community face to face to journey with. The Lord always provides though and allowed me to do a lot of studying of the word and reflecting to prepare me to enter into community as a leader. It has been amazing the way that the Lord has given me the opportunity to share the importance of community with others around me.
The weekly women's study and Co-ed worship has been amazing to be a part of. Seeing men and women come together to worship and study God's word is something that brings me great joy!
If you are reading this you have in some way touched my life and I thank you for allowing Jesus to work through you.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Community
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment