Monday, October 13, 2008

Soccer excitement

This weekend was a packed but very exciting weekend of soccer. I had 4 games along with 2 team pictures for both teams. Started off Saturday with a win with the U14 girls which was great. We scored 5 minutes into the 2nd half and then I was actually getting to the lets hold on to this win in the last 10 minutes. But then came our 2nd and then 3rd goal to finish it off 3-0. Next it was off to the U11 game where we started the game with 10 a usual for us. This team we were playing against we beat first game of the season with our 10 and sometimes 9 players. About 15 minutes into the game our 11th player showed up from her other game and we played the rest with 11. The challenging game was back and forth with a 0-0 at half. We scored a great goal in the 2nd half to finish with the 1-0 win bringing us up to 3rd in league.

Sunday morning was photos and then the U14 game which did not end well. We got scored on and then we were not able to finish any goals. We lost to a team who had not scored a goal all season except for against us the last time we played. Unfortunately this time their goal allowed them to win the game. The ups and downs can be very disappointing but I had my little girls game to go to in the afternoon which if we won we could be tied for 2nd place.

A very exciting game. We played with 11 players!!!! It was so exciting since it was only our 2nd game with 11 players all season. Some people complain they do not have subs. This season with all our injuries our hope has been to play against our opponent with the same number on the field. The team we were playing against got a goal last game from what I believe and video had confirmed an offsides goal. The day we played there was only 1 referee which should be 3. So calling the game was on his shoulders only.
This time we had 3 referees and were dominating the game. The first half our keeper only touched the ball once which was a great save too! Second half we went into it 0-0 and our goal came at the 15 minute mark. What excitement. Awesome.... you shoot enough one will go in. Then I could not believe it.... there was a girl from the other team who was dribbling down pulling my defenders shirt and the referee decided to call a penalty kick. I asked the linesman to explain to me why we were getting called for a foul... AND HE DID NOT KNOW WHY!!!! This is where winning or loosing the game can not be the determining factor for my life. Referees are human and make mistakes... this young man was very young and definitely needs some more practice. The call I accepted and we only had 10 minutes left.
Well 4 minutes left in the game our player received the ball from our player and had a break away going to goal. Right outside the penalty box their girl tripped our player and they both went down pretty hard. Hard enough that both girls were crying and the coaches had to come on the field. Their player went off and my player was not going to get off that field. She was going to play the rest of that game. As I was walking off the field I am telling my player to take the direct kick and the referee says it is a drop ball..... WHAT? I did not agree and his words to me was that both players hurt each other. WOW!!! Fortunately the linesman corrected him and told him it should be a direct kick for our team. Unfortunately we did not score and there was 4 minutes left at that point. Three minutes later though we did score and I was jumping up and down, the girls were celebrating and the parents were jumping with excitement too!!!! The whistle blew a minute later and we had won!!!! 2-1 was the final score which brought us to be tied for 2nd place with the team we played.

Sorry for drawing out the game. This blog of mine is just my thoughts as I type.

No comments: